Sunday, September 07, 2008

Big Day for the little man


My little man has started kindergarten. I knew that this day was coming and my heart was broken that he was growing up. Kindergarten...he seemed so confident and all smiles as we walked into school holding hands. He was beaming as we went to his classroom and got settled in. I was so proud when he came home with a proclamation declaring that he had a great first day.
Little man has come so for lately. The language skills that weren't there not so long ago have blossomed. We are really playing with toys, not just sorting them or lining them up. He made a village out of lincoln logs last night, and a cityscape of lego towers. He built a snail out of legos. And made a hot dog out of playdo. This may not seem like a lot, but to me its the world. We were told that this would never happen-and I love proving others wrong. I guess that's the rebel in me!

No comments: