Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Taco Tuesday: Quinoa burritos, cilantro lime rice, refried beans and mango avocado salad



Did I ever mention how much I love Taco Tuesday? I do, mainly because I love Mexican food. We never go out for it, other than the Big Man's love of Taco Bell

 (I prefer Qdoba, but that's besides the point)

So, I bring the Mexican home to us...and tonight's feast is quinoa burritos!


1 c quinoa, cooked in 1 c veg broth & 1 c water

tortillas
1 can Amy's black bean soup

1/2 c shredded cheese + 1/4 c shreddded cheese

1 c frozen corn

1/2 c scallions, diced
1 can enchilada sauce

Preheat oven to 375.
mix the corn, quinoa, soup and cheese together in a bowl. spoon into tortillas, roll up and place in a baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce and scallions. Bake for 30 minutes.

Cilantro lime rice
1 c rice cooked

1 handful cilantro torn
2 tbsp lime juice

heat up cooked rice with lime juice and cilantro until warm

Refried beans, heated out of the can

Mango & avocado salad

dice mango & avocado, serve together on a plate

9 comments:

Katy said...

We love taco Tuesday too =) Any excuse for Mexican food. These sound delicious.

Deanna said...

I'm always looking for new recipes with quinoa - this looks great - love Mexican food!

Emily Thompson said...

I love anything mexican, and this has my mouth watering!!! Come on over tomorrow and link to my Tasty Tuesday party! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Kirstin said...

I'm def. going to try them. WE like to use quinoa and trying to find more ways to cook meatless meals.

Jaime said...

Found you on A Glimpse Inside, and now your newest follower! This looks soooo yummy, and I can't wait to get the ingredients and try it. Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

Krissa said...

Those sound so good...I love quinoa! And the cilantro lime rice sounds great too.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

That sounds yummy! Thanks for linking this up as well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing yet another tasty recipe with us. I want some now! I hope you will come over tomorrow and share more of your delicious recipes with us at Cast Party Wednesday. http://www.ladybehindthecurtain.com
I hope to see you there!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife said...

These sound very, very good! I love that these tacos are vegetarian as well. Great flavours, topped off with that wonderful avocado and mango salad - yum! Thank you for sharing this post with the Hearth and Soul Blog Hop.