Saturday, June 18, 2011

Breakfast



I have a confession to make-I was never a breakfast eater growing up. I remember in kindergarten having to bring in what you ate for breakfast, then we did a lesson on a healthy, nutritious breakfast. I brought in toast, because that was what I ate.

 Then there was a place set for each of us, and I was stunned. There was toast, fruit and juice plus cereal. I definitely did not eat that much in the morning!
 As I got older, I began to skip breakfast because I could “save the calories”.  It wasn’t until I was in my 30’s and a mom that I realized the importance of a healthy breakfast. During the week, my son has cereal



and I have either cereal

or oatmeal myself.



He likes his chocolate milk,



 and I have either coffee or juice.



I have fruit




and toast, and I am not hungry until lunchtime.



On the weekends, we have special breakfasts. Saturdays are waffle days



 or cinnamon rolls,



and then on Sundays we have something special like quiche, egg bake or




 overnight French toast.
Quiche Lorraine
1 pie crust
6 eggs, beaten
6 strips turkey bacon, cooked
1 pkg silken tofu or 2 c heavy cream
1 c shreded cheese (I usually use either swiss or monterey jack)

Preheat oven to 375.
Blind bake crust for 10 minutes, let cool. mix ingredients together. pour into pie shell. bake for 35 minutes.

3 comments:

Vanessa @ {nifty thrifty things} said...

Hmm.. I love weekend breakfast! :)
Thank you so much for linking to {nifty thrifty things} last week!
I hope to see you again tomorrow!
xoxo,
Vanessa

Miz Helen said...

Your little ones are just adorable. Looks like a great meal plan with a great quiche. Thank you so much for sharing this great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and please come back soon!
Miz Helen

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
You are featured on Full Plate Thursday. Your are welcome to pick put your Red Plate and enjoy.
Miz Helen