Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Tighten up

Watch "(HQ) The Black Keys - "Tighten Up" 5/25 Letterman (TheAudioPerv.com)" on YouTube

I thought I was in fairly good shape, until I got on my elliptical. Man does that thing kick my butt!
Yesterday morning, the little man & I worked out together. I did the treadmill, he did the elliptical and then we switched.
Super fun.
What isn't super fun is the bit of an attitude my son has been developing lately. There are moments when he is truly wonderful, and there are Definately more of those moments than anything else.
However, with the development of language & social skills comes the attitude. In autism, the attitudes are 200% times worse than the ones with a "normal" child. The meltdowns are equivalent to a 2 year old's temper tantrums, only in a 8 year olds body.
Think about trying to reason with a 2 year old.
See my dilemma?
So instead, I try to roll with the punches, but its not always easy. Little man has learned sarcasm from his teacher (love that one!) as well as talking back from his peers. I can do without him flashing peace signs (the quiet sign in his class) whenever hes told to clean up or do something he doesn't like.
Especially bedtime.
So I am trying to get out all my frustrations by working out and in other ways, rather than blowing my stack.
I might even tighten up.

No comments: