Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Let Them In

As I was blog surfing the other day, I came across this:
http://www.nobiggie.net/tag/5-things-mom
I thought this was a great picture but what really wowed me was the door decor. I thought it would make a great weekend project. So in order to make it, I went to my favorite crafting site, http://shop.hobbylobby.com/. (please note, I am NOT sponsored in any way shape or form. The links I use are to people, places or things I like)
It seems like it will be easy to make:

First, get a frame:
$9.99, Hobby Lobby
I decided on a plain, pine frame.

Then, to paint it, I decided on Folk Art Paint in red, to match the bricks on the front of my house.
$2.49
You paint the frame, and if you want you can antique it.

$7.99
Then, you make a really big bow with wired ribbon and attach it.

The next step it is to decorate the mirror

$2.99
I'm going to use vinyl peel & stick letters to spell out welcome.

$1.99 each

And this is the end result:

4 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

It looks great! Becca is fabulous for her ideas!

Thanks so much for linking up to my Catch a Glimpse party this week!

Mercedes@Mercedes Blend said...

That a fresh way to welcome guests to your home...beautiful.

Unknown said...

Such a good job!! Great and a little different for a door.

AllieMakes! said...

Great job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com