Monday, December 05, 2011

Frosty the Snowman

There are people who collect Santas or trees or some other holiday accouterment. My guilty pleasure are snow folks. It's an accidental obsession...one year every kiddo in my Sunday School class gave me something snow man related, and an obsession was born.
One of the first quilts I ever finished was a snowman quilt. Bought the fabric on black Friday one year, it was done by the end of the weekend, binding and stitch in the ditch.
I have snowmen mugs and serving platters. My dish towels, oven mitts, soap dish & all are all snowmen.
At one point we even had a shower curtain.
My favorite flannel sheets? Yep, snowmen.
I have snowmen earrings.
And my ugly Christmas sweater collection is all snowmen.
I even give them as gifts.

Snowman soup
1 pkg instant hot cocoa
Mini marshmallows, in a baggie
1 candy cane
1 mug (I buy mine either on the clearance rack after Christmas or at the dollar store)
You can get really cute & fancy by printing out the poem, putting it on a tag (I stamp mine with a stamping up snowman stamp I got 10+ years ago) & tying it up in cellophane and ribbon

It's a great, cute & easy gift and it's easy to have on hand just in case

No comments: