Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Feel Lucky

I hate keeping secrets. I really do and I'm bloody awful at it usually. For some strange reason, I've been able to keep this a secret:
I was named Woman of the Year by a local magazine. My work in developing a ministry for autistic kiddos was one of the reasons I was nominated and chosen. So right now I'm reveling in it, receiving accolades and congratulations graciously.
Quite out of my comfort zone, honestly. I'm used to being the one behind the scenes, not in the spotlight. And...now it's me.
I got interviewed.
I got styled.
I had a photo shoot.
Now I'm a cover girl.
Wow.
Woman of the year.
Out of all the women in Sioux Falls I was nominated AND won.
Wow.
I'm still in awe.
I feel lucky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTphubOchF4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments: