Wednesday, January 04, 2012

(talking about) resolutions

It's a new year and everyone is talking about their resolutions, goals and what not (find mine here:http://mommydomchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/12/new-years-resolution.html?m=1)
My intention today is to do three healthy things. If I do more, great. If not, It doesn't mean I'm naughty or anything. Better choices means better for my family and better for me (its a win all the way around!)
It's a simple start. 3 little things-moving, water and saying no to soda. The water and soda issues are more work related, because it's choices I make for 8 hours a day.
The movement choice is a different story.
I work out at home, mainly because of time constraints. I have cardio equipment, free weights and a husband who used to be a body builder.
What I dont have a lot of is willpower.
However, the older I get, the more I realize that I need to take better care of myself, completely. It's eating better, it's getting enough sleep, it's moving more. There are so many different tactics to my war on being unhealthy. My struggle is 8 hours at work, with unhealthy vending machine and cafeteria choices surrounding me. I even bring healthy snacks...and succumb to temptation some days. I know that it will happen, and I can't beat myself up over it.
Instead of feeling low, I need to think of it as a journey towards the zenith of healthy living.
Each journey starts with a step, and today's step is this:

Eggnog oatmeal
1/2 c oatmeal
1/2 c Ricenog
1 tbsp dried cranberries

Mix together, microwave for 60 seconds.

4 comments:

Sheilagh Lee said...

good for you eating healthy is the way to go.

Alice Audrey said...

I've got similar issues. Probably the worst is a strong tendency to not sleep.

Angel said...

Good luck!

Cgull said...

Thanks I cook oatmeal with coconut juice. I pre-cook oatmeal a little and then mix coconut juice. I leave them in the fridge overnight and then eat them in the morning. Roger Ebert suggested this method. But I will try yours also.