Thursday, August 22, 2013

Shake it out

I think I have spent more time in my life watching what I ate than anything else that I’ve done. As a result, I am probably at the biggest I have ever been, and struggling with even basic tasks. Being bigger is a struggle, from getting winded walking from the parking lot to my car, going up a flight of stairs or other things I took for granted not that long ago. I am making some serious changes both in my eating and my lifestyle, but the progress and visible results are slow.


 

One of my biggest issues is craving for sweets. I love my sweets, especially cakes and cookies. Its hard for me to say no. The easiest way is to keep them out of the house period. I have found that there are some healthier alternatives to get my sugary fix and stay on track. If I feel like I am treating myself, I am more likely to eat healthier.


 

Fruit and yogurt-this may seem like a no brainer, but I need to remind myself of this option all the time. Even more decadent is adding chocolate protein powder to the yogurt and adding raspberries or cherries. So good!



 

Broiled grapefruit-it gets a hard crust on it and it tastes so good.

 

Frozen grapes-like candy

 

Homemade chai-brew a cup of green tea. Pour into a blender. Add almond milk, cardoman powder, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Whip it, whip it good. Even better than Starbucks.


 

Roasted fruit-nectarines, peaches, plums, apples and pluots are all great fruit to roast. All I do is sprinkle some apple pie seasoning on them and let them bake for 30-45 minutes at 375. If you serve it with whipped almond milk or greek yogurt, it tastes even better.


No comments: