Monday, March 24, 2014

Fairytale





I am very lucky. I met the Big Man when I was 22, and have been together for the most part for the last 18 years.
We most certainly have had our ups and downs, but we have stuck it out together.
In those 18 years, we have had our fair share of heartache. My dad had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The Big Man was my rock and strength during that time.
Then it was my grandmother's turn: aortic valve replacement, congestive heart failure, uncontrolled atrial fibrulation that led to her (ultimately) fatal stroke.
Other things intervened during the years-work, family, break ups and make ups.
One thing remained the same. Us. Through thick and thin.


Fast forward to today. Its been almost 21 years of togetherness. I have been blessed by living a fairytale. That's not to say there haven't been any dark moments or sadness, because all fairy tales contain those elements. Its what you make of them and how you handle it. That's when you get your happily ever after.

No comments: