Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pearly Shells

I spent most of my life in New Jersey, which meant that I spent a lot of my summers at the shore. As the summer goes on, I long for the smell of ocean air and feeling the waves on me. I also loved collecting shells along the shoreline. Now I live 1300 miles away from there, and summer reminds me being landlocked. I have tried to bring the ocean to my home over the years, decorating in oceanic colors and added nautical knick-knacks.

 

One great way I have is with shell rattle windchimes. They are super easy to make and look beachy cool.

 

You need:

A stick or dowel (if you can find driftwood, even better)

12 Clam shells

Beans or stones (I used carnelian for protection)

Twine or cord

Hot glue

 

Take shells and place a stone in one .

Cut a length of twine. Hot glue to the inside of shell

Glue another shell on top, sealing in stone and twine.

Wrap twine around shells and reinforce twine hanger

Tie to driftwood.

Hang in the breeze



No comments: