Thursday, June 19, 2014

Towards the Sun

I love fresh beginnings. The start of a new year. Birthdays. Back to school. New seasons. I try to have some sort of ritual to mark the start of a new season. We are moving into my favorite season, summer. The days are warm, the pools are open, and the sun doesn’t set till late. My to do list seems to shrink. I can just be lazy, which is fine by me.

 

To mark the start of summer (officially, even though the season seems to start Memorial Day) I decided to make a sun wheel for us to write our summer plans on. I took a piece of yellow poster board and cut out a circle. I added ribbon and yarn to be the rays of the sun. In the middle, my boys and I wrote our wishes for the summer, like vacation, learning to swim, going to the moonlight movies, and more.

No comments: