Tuesday, August 05, 2014

10 years gone

Dear 34 year old me,
You may not believe this, but you are about to embark on an amazing adventure. There will be some good times, some really great times, all tempered with a bit of heartache for good measure.

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality. (Romans 12:10-13 NIV)


Remember that kiddo you ministered to in youth group? The one who could never look at you and had a hard time interacting with others? He had autism, as you know, and how you interacted with him and inspired him will mark the rest of your life.

I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine. (Song of Solomon 6:3 NIV)


You're still new to this marriage thing. But you got it girl. You need to stop comparing yourself to others. Your husband is not theirs. He may not take you for a night on the town, but he'll vacuum and do dishes. That's love. Especially when you have surgery and he needs to help change your dressings. Yep, true blue love. 

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. (1 Samuel 1:27 NIV)

Motherhood is around the corner for you, only you don't know it yet. It may not be how you expect it to be either, but it is beautiful. And maddening. You will find yourself questioning everything, and not in a surly, snarky punk rock way. You will realize how little you know about the world. You will also know about unconditional love in way you never thought was possible. Your heart will soar with every triumph, and break with every hurt.


 Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” (Ruth 1:16, 17 NIV)

In a years time, you will move halfway cross country and start a new life. You will make a house a home. You will find a career you love, and find an abiding peace in your life. You will also be tested, on many many levels. You will be angry with God, with others, and your self. Sometimes, an overwhelming sadness will overtake you, but you will persevere. Even if you don't feel like it, you will greet each day as a gift.

Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.” (Job 1:21 NIV)

There will be days of great pain too. You will see relationships broken, some beyond repair. You will watch 3 of your parents battle cancer. You will bury your beloved Dad D. You will watch your mothers health decline. You and your beloved will have health battles of your own. 

weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. (Psalm 30:5 NIV)

There is more joy than anything else. Laughter, tears, belly laughes and belly aches. It's a whole, complete life, giving you more than you can imagine.

You got this girl.
Enjoy the ride 
Love, me


No comments: