Saturday, November 15, 2014

Clean

I've been transitioning to all natural cleaners for the last several years. I notice a difference in my sons behavior with additional chemical loads, and the dizzy dog is a licker. To keep them both safe, I've gone crunchy.

Here's my quick tips & mixes to keep your house clean (bonus-it's so much cheaper this way too!)

Multi purpose cleaner: vinegar, water, a little EO
Toilet cleaner: baking soda, citric acid, borax, vinegar mixed together w/some EO. I scoop some out before bed, let it fizz over night & you wake up with a clean toilet
Bathroom cleaner: vinegar, tea tree oil, Castile soap, EO for scent.
Shower cleaner: vinegar, borax, Castile soap, tea tree oil 
Rubbing alcohol to polish stainless steel
Borax, vinegar & water to clean glass top stove
Water, ginger rosemary & lemongrass eo's in steam mop
Sink cleaner: baking soda, tea tree oil, eo's & a little hydrogen peroxide. I mix the baking soda w/oils, let dry out. Sprinkle in sink, add peroxide let foam & wash. I also use it on my shower floor when it's gross
Carpet fresh: baking soda, mixed with lavender, juniper berries & rose petals. Sprinkle, wait 15 minutes then vacuum 
Furniture polish: olive/almond oil mixed with mandarin & lemon EO's
Fabric softener vinegar
Dryer sheets: washcloth soaked in vinegar/EO solution

No comments: