Sunday, January 18, 2015

Shabbat Shalom

Leviticus 23:3 

“Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, a holy convocation. You shall do no work. It is a Sabbath to the Lord in all your dwelling places.


Today we live in a 24/7/365 world. We have 24 hour restaurants, stores and lives. Thanks to social media, there is the added pressures of FOMO (fear do missing out). I had been ignoring God's call for me (and my family) to keep the Sabbath holy. I was ignoring my emotional and physical call for rest. 

When I had the opportunity to have rest, during my husband & son's vacation, I embraced it. 

It was much needed, and if felt restored. I began to think about how keeping the Sabbath and my journey toward simplicity and a slow life were intertwined. I decided that we would start keeping a Sabbath in our home. It's hard, because the Big Man usually works Sundays, but that doesn't mean the little man & I couldn't do it.


No comments: