Sunday, January 25, 2015

Sunday Best

When I was growing up, people wore their Sunday best to church.
My grandmother always complained about people not looking presentable at church, that they weren't putting in the time to look good before God. Fast forward 35 some odd years...

There is a lot if evidence that the concept if your Sunday best has changed. 

I'm not talking fashion police, but the whole idea of looking your best before God.
For me, it's a sign of respect going to the Lord's house.
I'm blessed that I have a section in my closet of Sunday dresses.
The Little Man has dress clothes in his closet,
but for kiddos with autism, they just aren't comfortable.
Church is hard enough, wearing stuff that bothers you makes it worse. He wears shirts and pants, which are clean, neat and most of all-comfortable.
By having certain clothes set aside for Sundays, it puts extra emphasis on making the Sabbath special.
 

No comments: