Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Away in a Manger

It's super early and I'm up because my phone rang.

It was the on call social worker from CPS. She was trying to place 6 kiddo's from one family because there wasn't room at Children's Inn (the local shelter) and due to the circumstances, they need to stay together. 

While I would have loved to have open my home to these kiddos and given them the safety and love they need at this moment, it would not be my best yes. I'm still recovering from surgery and honestly, so is the rest of my family. 

I pray that there is a home that can open its doors and hearts to these kiddos, providing them love, safety and security. And I pray that there are more families who are open to being foster parents. 

We read the story of Jesus' birth so much at this time of the year, and it struck me that tonight's phone call was a modern parallel. The on call social worker is trying to find room at the inn for beloved children of God. 

“While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.”
Luke 2:6-7 NIV

No comments: