Saturday, December 19, 2015

Waiting on a friend

I had surgery a week and a half ago. Medically all went well. Physically for me, it's knocked me backwards into my recliner. It's where I've remained pretty much since coming home last Thursday. 

I've spent a lot of time waiting. 
For next medication doses
For a family member to help me with something 
For the pain to subside
For my bandages to be changed

I'm pretty much ms independent and to have to wait on others is very hard. Patience is NOT my virtue. I've got too much to do-so many Christmas things/places/presents. Work is on my mind. Then there is the dreaded housework...

I'm stuck waiting for others to help me. It's not all bad, according to some I'm sure this is what life is like for a queen. However, I'm a suburban mom and it's not in my nature to wait. 

This year my Christmas will be the result of others making it happen. The Big Man so far is doing an amazing job juggling work, home, holiday & homework with caregiving. We may not share the same vision of sugarplums, but they will be delicious nonetheless. 



I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.”
Psalm 130:5 NIV







No comments: