Monday, January 11, 2016

Ashes to Ashes

Today I am mourning the loss of one of my favorite artists. I grew up listening to Bowie, and I feel like part of me is now missing. I mark my life with music. 
Memories are tied together with songs. I remember driving on I-15 with some high school friends singing suffragette city (especially the wham bam thank you ma'am) at the top of our lungs. Or playing modern love as I got ready for my wedding day. I had heroes on repeat the night my dad died. I danced around the house at 3 am with my kiddo when he couldn't sleep to young Americans and rebel rebel. 
I also love seeing live concerts. One of the best shows I ever saw was the Glass Spider Tour at Giants Stadium. It set the bar for future shows

I've never done good things 
I've never done bad things
I never did anything out of the blue
RIP Starman

No comments: