Saturday, October 20, 2007

Cleaning House

I felt all Martha Stewart yesterday by really cleaning my house. I had been meaning to do it for a while, but just never got round tuit. I know that I am probably a slacker wife, but I don't think that my life has to revolve around housekeeping.
I did lemon oil cabinetry and furniture. Its a wonderful smell-very fresh and very clean. Like crisp linen. I also love the sheen it gives my furniture and woodwork. It just looks like a professional came through my private castle. Like I have a legion of maids keeping up the house for me.
I also did my tile floors. I have a hoover floormate which I think is the best invention in the world. It makes cleaning the floor much easier and less messy than a mop and bucket. I got the floors done, and I stood back and admired their beauty.
My little man loves his bath crayons. I did give him a new blank canvas to work with cleaning up his bathtub. Even though they are made out of soap, they are still very difficult to clean up. Strange, but I did get it down.
I was doing very well for a while there where I was keeping up with housework. Every week I focused on a different part of the house to deep clean and it was a system that worked for me. Week one of the month was the foyer and living room. Week two was the kitchen. Week three were the bedrooms and week four were the bathrooms. I had been doing really well with this system, but then motherhood came calling and it all fell apart.
So, my autumnal resolution is to start over again. I need to get it together and better organized. I need to move along, and keep my house clean and tidy. I need to get back in the groove of cooking again. I do so love to cook, but I don't do it enough to make a dent in my food budget it seems. A lot goes to waste. I try and try and try but I just keep seeming to fail.
As it gets colder and crisper, I am going back to my Martha Stewart roots (hey, we're both Jersey girls!) and getting back on track. Its time to really clean house.

No comments: