Saturday, October 20, 2007

Trifectas

I have to admit that I never realized that I had become what I envied. For a very long time, I envied women who I thought had it all-the husband, the dog, the house, the kid. Guess what? That's who I am too! Its amazing, because I never thought of myself that way. I always thought I was on the outside looking in, suffering from jealousy over it all. But I am one of the insiders now.
I think its because I felt so different for so long-that I didn't belong in their club-I didn't realize that I was starting my own. I am a trifecta and will always be one from here on in. I also have realized that there are some things about me that I have supressed for a very long time. I like tea-especially Earl Grey or English Breakfast, as well as herbal flavors. I like to eat healthy and exercise. I am committed to being a good steward of my resources, and I want to add a meatless day to my week. I like jazz and classical music. I love to read. I am an intellectual and love to expand my horizons. I am a Biblical scholar as well, especially when it comes to feminist theology.
I guess all those years supressing who I am really has worked because I didn't realize who I am anymore. But I am rediscovering myself and really loving it. I know that I am pretty and have an attractive family. I know that I have a lot going for me, even if some people mistake my passion for insanity (but they do so because they fear me, they are not used to people like me in this neck of the woods).

No comments: