Monday, October 22, 2007

Martha Stewart Fantasies

I have to admit that I have a fantasy about being the perfect homemaker. I guess it comes from years of reading Martha Stewart Living magazine. I dream of the perfectly organized home, neatly dressed well behaved child, well behaved dog, exquisite home cooked gourmet meals. Then I wake up to my reality.
My reality isn't that bad mind you. I live in a beautiful home, have an awesome husband, son and dog. I have my hobbies and my life. I work part time and enjoy my job. I have a great life, and I enjoy it. So, my house is a shambles and I probably spend more time on the computer than I should, but its all good in the grand scheme of things.
Little Man is still asleep, and I will have to be waking him up soon since he needs a bath before he goes to school. I have housework to do today-this week is bedroom week and I need to deep clean. I did most of my heavy duty cleaning on Friday, so I don't have to worry about that today. Got the laundry and dishes going, and I am enjoying sunshine for the first time in I don't know when. I don't think I can take another day of rain right now, after 8 days straight then yesterday being gray, cold and miserable. I think puppy dog and I are going for a walk after Little Man goes to school, since we both need it.

No comments: