Thursday, September 02, 2010

Promise

Its Thursday, and I am looking forward to the long weekend. I will admit that I am a bit off kilter this week. I haven't really been doing my routines and have just been tired. I've been doing my best to avoid people who are going to suck the life out of me, but I can't seem to eliminate their drama. Its frustrating because I like to be happy, and I think if you go through life miserable, you're kind of missing the point.
But I digress...
Its been a bit of a struggle for me because I just feel off all week. I think the bottom line is I have not been consistent with things. For one, eating healthy. I have had some issues with that this week. And the exercise portion as well-its been a huge struggle for me to be perfectly honest. I think deep down inside, I keep thinking that I don't have to put in any work to get ready for the Humpy removal coming up in a few months. I really do, I need to get my ab muscles really, really strong because that will help me recover faster. I have to remember that I will be out of commission for 6 weeks for the most part, and that could either cause me to lose weight or become a total couch potato and not be interested in making myself stronger, faster, better.
It is hard for me to do a lot of stuff that I really like to do because of Humpy-there are certain asanas I just can't get into, its hard for me to do a lot of pilates because of it. I can't belly dance (which is an awesome workout!) since Humpy shifts. Its even a little on the painful side to run.
But there are a lot of things that I CAN do, I just choose not to right now. Its not even that I make a conscious decision, its the lack of choosing that does it. And the lack of forward progress can feel a little disheartening sometimes.
I can't make any promises that I know may truly be impossible to keep, but I can assure myself that I am making slow and steady progress towards my goals. Sure, I've had a few potholes this week, but I'm still cruising along.
So, I need to get through the rest of this week, and getting back on track. It won't take much-some daily clean ups in the kitchen and bathrooms, doing a load of laundry daily, prepping dinners. Its just getting over the mental block to do it and get it done and be the wife and mother I am meant to be.

No comments: