Friday, October 22, 2010

Its Friday, and I am so looking forward to the weekend. Not that I have anything really to do, other than the NICU reunion tomorrow. Its so much fun-the kids wear their Halloween costumes, play games, jump on inflatables and eat candy. So much fun! And its a great celebration of how far our kiddos have come.

My Little Man is a proud NICU graduate. He was born about 5 weeks early, and had a septic issue so he was in the NICU for about a week. It didn't have any lasting impact on his life,thankfully. He is completely healthy, and continues to grow and thrive.

The other big thing I have to do this weekend is get ready for winter. There is a rumor we could have snow next week, so I have to get the Little Man hats, gloves, snow boots, etc. His winter coat fits, and I have to have him try on his snow pants. I need to do stuff out in the yard, that I never got around to earlier this fall due to one excuse or another. I would have loved to have decorated for Fall, but that never happened either.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I love dressing up, and I love going around trick or treating with my son. He loves Halloween too. I love the candy, and the crisp fall air that surrounds you as you go door to door. I love the ghosts and goblins and all that, and the sugar rushes. Big Man is not a Halloween fan at all. He doesn't like decorating for it and I don't think he's into trick or treating.

So, its a week until Halloween, and I am getting excited.

I also have to find out about the class party later. If I have to get stuff, I'd like to buy it over the weekend, and not have to scramble.

That's a thought, for me not to scramble over all. I seem to be doing that all the time. I have great intentions to plan menus, but that falls apart. I have great intentions to clean the house, but that doesn't always happen. I have great intentions to do other things, but once again not happening.

But its another weekend ahead of me, and I am looking forward to the time with my boys. The Yankees better win tonight or my time is going to stink. Several years ago, they blew their playoff chances against the Red Sox (who went on to win the World Series). We were on vacation. After that happened, my fun times were over. Big Man was MISERABLE for the rest of our trip. I am hoping that its not like that after the game tonight.

No comments: