Monday, December 06, 2010

Day by day


Tomorrow is the big day. I get rid of this menace to my life. And, yes, despite my apprehension over surgery in general, I am excited.

I am excited to be able to wear my normal clothing size. I am excited to be able to really do yoga, and not have to cheat to get into an asana. I'm looking forward to.being able to bend over & breathe at the same time.

I do have some thoughts over life, post op. Here is a perfect chance to remake my life. I have 6 weeks to rethink, re-group, and relax.

My first focus is to get healthy. And this includes the rest of my.family. I'm really tired of feeling like a slug because of what I eat (or don't). I Definately need to work on lowering my cholesterol & triglycerides. I don't want to wind up being diabetic. I don't want to wind up with a myriad of health problems as I age. I'm 40 now, and i really.need to get my butt in gear. I CAN reverse the damage done.

In addition to eating healthier, i know how important it is to move. And not just a little bit sporadically. I have to be consistent. I have to have some variety too. A little cardiovascular, a little weight lifting, a little pilates, a little yoga. Add to it, getting enough rest.

The other big issue I've struggled with lately is the fact that I am not following my spiritual path like I used to. I feel in the desert spiritually, and that's a struggle for me. Im trying to reconnect with that side of me, but I have had limited success. And I have even more excuses. Its not that i.don't want that connection...I dont make.time for it as much as i.could or should. I.am.so much more.focused & relaxed when I do. It's almost.like I can't handle the bliss and peace, yet it is exactly what I want so much.

The next 6 weeks gives me a.chance to.streamline my life. Cut out.all the bs going on.

get back to basics. Be a wife & mom, and all else will follow.


No comments: