Friday, December 31, 2010

Tighten Up


By the Black Keys. One of my current favorite songs. If you get a chance, check out the link to their video.

It's the last day of the year, and I am ready for a new one to start. I'm ready for lots of things:

*the incision infection to heal

*to start walking on the treadmill again

* to use the itunes gift cards I got for Christmas to add to a pretty awesome playlist currently on my ipod

* a chance to eat healthier & get myself on track to be my best

It's fridge Friday, and mine is looking pretty bare. A bag of salad greens, a package of chicken I found in the freezer. The big man went to the supermarket & didn't buy the meat or veggies on the list, so my carefully planned menus need to be scratched and new ones improvised.

Instead of the planned tacos, we will have pizza & wings tonight. I am going to have salad & Italian stir fry with mine as well.

Tomorrow will be chicken stir fry with an extra helping of veggies. I can still make a quiche for brunch, but it will be different from the one I had planned.

Sunday we will have tuna noodle casserole, with waffles for brunch.

Monday will be pasta, as usual.

There, I feel much better.

Due to the surgery, I feel helpless. I can't do a lot. I can't lift a gallon of milk or a laundry basket. I am unable to vacuum or drive. Going up & down stairs are still difficult. I can't go grocery shopping yet, and it frustrates me. My pain level where my infection is happens to be unbelievable. It's a 10 out of 10. I still tire easily.

I just want to get better.

I want my life back.

It takes time and patience. The former I have a lot of, the latter not that much. Baby steps I suppose.

One thing that I've done over the last few weeks is watch a lot of.tv. it seems that there are a lot of hoarding shows,.and I think I've watched them all. I honestly don't get these people. Why on earth would you do this to yourself and your family?

I've also watched every paranormal show that's been on for the last 3 weeks. I'm really getting desperate. Heck, I've been watching 30 minute meals AND enjoying it. Scary.

Today we are expecting another snow storm. Little Man & I are going to put together the gingerbread house he got for Christmas. It should be fun, and a exercise in patience for both of us.

He is up already and working on another hot wheels story. He is a very talented writer, and enjoys illustrating them as well. I'm constantly amazed at how creative he is. On Wednesday he was tested for the gifted & talented program at school, and I hope he did well. I know he's super smart, but it has to be proven to others as well.

No comments: