Monday, January 24, 2011

Let's get it started


It's Monday, and we're off to the races for another week. Everyday I'm building more strength & flexibility, and working on not being so exhausted.

Football season ended for me yesterday. Now we are entering that dead zone where we're waiting for pitchers & catchers to report.

It's amazing how, by eliminating a few things in my life, Im more at peace. I don't have major stress dogging me and I'm more focused for my family.

I'm also remembering that yoga is not just an exercise; its a lifestyle. You can't be getting your namaste on when you're practicing and then go and flip out on everyone.

Starting yoga 25 years ago did change my life. It didn't back then, I was an obnoxious teenager who knew it all. But it planted the seeds to blossom into who I am now.

And its a beautiful flower.

Yesterday I tried a new recipe for breakfast bake muffins. Actually, its an old recipe I made over, but that turned it into something new.

Spray a muffin pan with canola oil spray & preheat the oven to 350.

1 c whole wheat baking mix

1/2 egg beaters egg whites

3 vegetarian sausage links, cooked & diced

1/2 c veggie shards Italian blend

1/2 package silken tofu

1/2 c water

Mix ingredients together, spoon into muffin pan, bake about 20 minutes. Serve warm.


Today is the big man's birthday. I won't say what we do or do not have planned for him.

Let's just say it will be special.

More to come!

No comments: