Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Ricky dont lose that number


Weight loss is a game of numbers. For a very long time, I played a game to see how much junk I could get away with before I gained weight-which turns out to not be a very fun game in the end. I was only hurting myself. And the others around me who love and care about me.

I try to be a good mom, but I can't be my best if I don't have the energy or stamina to do things.

Since surgery, I lost almost 40 lbs and 4 clothing sizes. I went from 220 (I can admit it now) to 185. I went from a size 20 to a 14. I still have a long way to go before i reach my goal weight, but I am definately on the right track. I actually have about 40 more lbs to go, which I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with it.

The biggest piece for me is the exercise part. I really do love working out, but its such a struggle if you don't see any results. Due to humpy, I couldnt see any progress being made so I was haphazard at best. It wasn't motivating to me.

Now I look in the mirror & think wow.

Im on the path to being a rock star mommy.

Looking at myself in the mirror I see something I like. I don't want to eat junk because that wouldn't be good for me. That's not to say I can't have something now & then, I can't live off of it.

I feel like I got a second chance to get it right, and that's exactly what I am trying to do.

No comments: