Saturday, January 29, 2011

This is not a love song


I had a hot date last night. Little Man & I had some quality time together.

We went to Target & did a little shopping. Our main quest was for a yoga mat. We found a really nice purple one, which works because its his favorite color. He was as equally excited to try out the mat as he was for his new hot wheels track. We learned 3 asanas last night: mountain pose, downward dog and cat.

It was great excitement and a little bit of bliss.

In the car, going to & fro, I had my ipod on. I had been listening to my I wish it was wxpn mix, and had been rocking out to social distortion on the way home (who, by the way, have a new album coming out). Without thinking I turned it on, and Lo & behold little man liked it. He really liked it! Then again he also likes Queens of the Stone Age, so hes got some pretty kick butt taste, and we got into "when the angels sing".

He never ceases to amaze me.

Today I have to go into work to play catch up from my sick leave. After that we have a party at pomegranate market to go to-its like our local answer to whole foods. It's their grand opening celebration. Then its onto cooking dinner. Tonight is kielbasa & pierogies. Tomorrow will be turkey loaf, Monday chicken parmesan sandwiches, Tuesday might be a chicken pot pie night, Wednesday is a pot luck at church and Thursday is the Chinese new year.

But before I do anything else, I need to get my workout in. I've been slacking off all week, and I feel it. Need to hit the treadmill and get the blood pumping.

No comments: