Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yoga 365


There is an internet movement called yoga 365. I find it interesting for a few reasons:

1. I love yoga, and it has had a huge impact on my life both on & off the mat

2. It helps people slow down, breathe & focus

3. It may help make the world a better place

I've been doing yoga for about 25 years now. It started with a community school class when i was going through a hippie phase. I have sporadically taken real classes but most of the time its me & my mat.

I am dedicated. I have my daily dozen that I do, well, daily. They get my body stretched out & ready to face what the day brings. It's mountain pose, tree, warrior 1, 2 & 3,  triangle, dancer, downward dog, cat, cobra, camel & hero. It takes 10 or so minutes, and it warms up my whole body. I feel empowered and strong.

At the end of.the day, before bed I.also do a few asanas to stretch out-mountain, star, warrior 1, downward dog, cobra, cat, pigeon, child, hero. It calms me down and I feel a sense of bodily peace.

I know when I am not practicing, I feel it. It's not just a physical disconnect but a mental one as well.

I challenge you to find 5 asanas that you feel.comfortable doing and practice daily for a month. Leave your feedback in the comments section!

No comments: