Monday, February 07, 2011

(Just like) starting over


It's Monday, and I ate too much yesterday. Way too much, and I felt it this morning. Can we say detox today?

Everyone has their own version of detox, mine involves a few steps:

1. Lots of water with mint & lemon.

2. No meat products for 24 hours

3. Gentler workouts. I know it seems counter intuitive, but if you ate a lot of junk, and then tried to sweat it out, your body would rebel. I'm still doing my usual but I'm focusing more on stretching today than my usual increasing weight, speed etc on Mondays.

So in keeping with the detox theme for today, I'm having a Greek tofu scramble for breakfast, tofu teriyaki over fried rice for lunch and corn chowder for dinner with lots of fruit and salad to counterattack the junk I ate yesterday as well as all the soda I drank.

Since its menu Monday, my meals for the week look like:

Tuesday: broiled chicken, potatoes and I'm having salsa on the side

Wednesday leftovers or breakfast for dinner

Thursday Manhattan steak & potato stir fry

Friday Tortellini soup & garlic bread

No comments: