Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Kicking it up


Last night I did a kickboxing class from exercise tv on demand. I was proud that I made it through the whole workout without stopping. I was also proud of the fact that I did it.

Usually when I get home from work, I take a nap. I sometimes won't even get changed out of my work clothes, I just collapse. And I did close my eyes for a little bit after dinner, but it wasn't that get me to the bed because I worked all day.

Ugh.

So I did kickboxing in the privacy of my own home. It felt a little strange, because my body doesn't naturally move like that. I am so not ready for the gym either. But I did it. My legs feel like rubber today, but its all good.

So, its exciting to try new things. Tonight, after work, I am going to try belly dancing whilst dinner is cooking.

Herbed chicken & couscous

2 c cooked chicken

1 c shredded carrots

Cumin

Garlic

Oregano

Couscous, cooked

Saute carrots in olive oil till cooked. Add chicken & herbs, with a little water if needed. Heat through. Serve over couscous.


No comments: