Thursday, April 28, 2011

Candle in the wind

Watch "Princess Diana Funeral - Elton John - Candle In The Wind (Goodbye England's Rose)" on YouTube
I have a confession to make: I was obsessed with Princess Diana. From when she first came onto the scene until her untimely death and beyond, I idolized her.
She pulled back the curtains on the princess myth, and exposed it warts & all.
Tomorrow, her son is getting married in the same church where she was buried from. Granted that church is WestminsterAbbey and is the public persona of the Anglican church, but when you are the heir to the throne, its as close to a family church as you are going to get.
I will admit that I will peek at the royal wedding. I want to know how other than the ring, Diana will be incorporated into the ceremony. Or maybe that won't be for public consumption.
Its a twinge of sadness when you get married after one of your parents have died. I know it was for me at least. But the consolation was that I was starting a new life.
Anyone who has been married in the Anglican communion as I was used the same order of service as the young royals will. It's just another way of saying we who are many share one bread, one cup and are all the same.

No comments: