Friday, April 22, 2011

Live Like You are Dying

I took a few days off work due to my son being on Easter break. In between, I got a call from a former coworker that the first friend had made when I moved to South Dakota passed away. She had not shown up for work this morning, and the police went to her house and found her.
Needless to say, I am shocked and stunned.
She was the same age as the Big Man, and for someone that young to pass away is shocking.
She wasn't "healthy",but wasn't sick either. Just a few debatable lifestyle choices: overweight, high blood sugar, elevated blood pressure. I had plans to have lunch with her next week.
I am stunned.
This however, can serve as a wake up call for myself. Just a reminder that life is too short sometimes. To hug my family a little tighter. To laugh a little more. To not take things so seriously. To encourage more joy. To love deeper. To forgive more. To find my bliss every day. To do what really matters most, and not let things get to me as much as they have.
In other words, I was existing and not truly living.
So, since I have been moving forward on this continium, I need to accelerate my progress. I need to:
~eat more ice cream
~do something I love to do every day
~practice my yoga more
~eat only foods I love
~exercise not to lost weight, but because it feels good
~not freak out as much as I do, because this is the only chance I've got
~find my peace daily
~take better care of me (eat healthy, drink water, exercise, get enough sleep, take my vitamins, massage)
~wear clothes that I love and feel incredible in
~be happy
~eat chocolate every day
~indulge in living
We only get one go round as ourselves, so why not enjoy it?
Take a lesson from this...live like today is your last day, because it could be.

No comments: