Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clean


I love bubble baths. I won’t lie, and they make me feel like a princess. Bubble baths are not about getting clean, they are strictly an indulgence. You soak in a bubble bath, you don’t scrub.


First step, decide why you want a bath. Is it to relieve aches and pains or is it to relax?

Light some candles.


Choose some music. If I am working out pain, I like world music. If relaxation is in order, either nature sounds or classical.


The next important decision is what beverage to drink. Pain=mineral water.



 Relaxation is herbal tea all the way.



I fill up the tub with warm water. If I am alleviating pain, I add Epsom salts




and lavender oil.



If its to relax, I use Burt’s Bees bubble bath. I soak until the water is no longer tolerable.




To finish up, I use body lotion



and wrap myself in my warm, fuzzy robe.




Pure bliss.

Depeche Mode has been on of my favorite bands, going all the way back to 1983. I was listening to KCGL in Salt Lake City(http://laura.moncur.org/archives/2004/01/27/2004-01-27-05-50/) It was a very special time in my life, and it was when I began to completely identify with music. It was because of this station that I started thinking of my life as a playlist (I swear High Fidelity has some elements of me).



No comments: