Sunday, May 01, 2011

I'm Ok

I love, love, LOVE Mindy Gledhill. Her music is a Sunday kind of music: quiet, peaceful, relaxing. Its also a reminder that I need to take time for a Sabbath. Its a reminder that I need to shut things down and step away from it all.

Ive had a rough few weeks, but sometimes you need the valleys to appreciate the view from the mountain top.







Some things that I have done in the past few weeks:
  • not eaten healthy (boo)
  • not exercised (boo hiss)
  • bought an amazing book: Women's Uncommon Prayers. A must read if you are a woman and lead an extraordinary life.














 I also have painted my nails a fascinating shade of bronze (not brown, but bronze)














I also spent an amazing evening teaching a group of teenagers about hunger and poverty. We did an activity baking muffins (divided into 3 teams 1st world, 2nd world and 3rd world) that we later brought to the Mission to serve their clientele. It was a great experience for the kids.
I went to an ordination.
I watched 6 of "my kids" swear an oath before God and congregation to get confirmed.
I took a nap.
I ate a lot of really good food.
I even ate chocolate ice cream. With rainbow sprinkles.
I watched a storm blow in on Friday. I prayed and wept for those who were affected by the tornados in the south.

I've decided I love cupcakes. Lots of them. More please
http://www.ohmycupcakes.com/
They are the best cupcakes in Sioux Falls, next to mine of course.
I may not make a fortune off my cupcakes, but I have my fans!

I also have fallen in love with http://whippycake.com/shop/bon-truffle/ Amazingly beautiful hair art. It makes me happy to have grown my hair a little longer again.


Its been rough for the last few weeks, but I'm realizing that I needed this darkness to see the light.
I realized that I need a Sabbath, to encourage myself to rest.

A book can't really do it for you, but it can guide you to what you need to rest.














I am a shameless, hopeless romantic. I love Keates, Blake and most of all, Lord Byron.
My faith in fairy tales was restored this past week with the royal wedding.
But I have my own Prince Charming:
He still knocks my socks off after all these years! (18 and counting)






Despite all the ups and downs, and inside outs, I'm ok.

No comments: