Sunday, May 01, 2011

Circus Girl

I love books, and any one who knows me well is aware of that fact. One of my least favorite things is when they take a beloved book and turn it into a mediocre movie (see: Eat Pray Love) or completely destroy the story (see: Adaptaption-which was a good movie, had you not read the book).
I loved Water For Elements. In fact, I loved the book so much I stayed up all night and read it.
When I heard it was being made into a movie, I was nervous.
Honestly I have not seen the movie, but I know people who have who have loved it as much as I have.
Its a brilliant love story.
Its full of heartbreak.
Sara Gruen did a magnificent job painting a picture with words. You could use all your senses to feel as if you were right there, in the middle of the story.
The circus is in town this week. http://www.elriad.org/Circus.php
It makes me want to re-read the book.
Or see the movie...

No comments: