Monday, May 02, 2011

Where were you when the world started turning again?

NYT: Osama bin Laden Was the Most W

I, like many in the New York metro area, knew people who died on 9/11. At one point I even worked there, before the 1st bombing.
9/11 was a sucker punch, below the belt, and it was hard to get up.
There was an aching wound that would not heal, with those murderers running loose.
NYC is a city that j'adore, & it wasn't the same after the attacks.
The big man & I were at the 1st playoff game post 9/11 (hint:it was the Yankees, not the nets). Bush spoke on the jumbo tron. Oakland won that game.
I spent part of that night, wondering about my future.
I had decided, like many of my friends, to carpe diem. To live in the moment. For me, I wavered between yoga & poor lifestyle choices (can we say diner food anyone?)
9/11 did make me realize I wanted to spend the rest of my life with the big man, because he made me feel whole.
That murders death doesn't change the fact that 3000 people were killed for getting on a plane or going to work. The landscape of nyc changed that day. Whenever I watch something & they show the towers, I still gasp. I changed that day too.
The scab can finally form over the wound that is 9/11.

No comments: