Monday, May 02, 2011

Menu Monday, first week of May

This is the first week of May, and it is still cold in my part of the world. Cold weather=craving comfort food, still.

It is Meatless Monday. I am thinking either pasta, with escarole soup OR grilled cheese, tomato soup and white cheddar mac & cheese.








Tuesday is taco Tuesday, but Thursday is Cinco de Mayo so I am switching things up. We are going to have chicken stir fry with egg drop soup and homemade egg rolls.



Chicken stir fry
1 c diced cooked chicken
1 c cooked brown rice
1 c shredded carrots
1 c frozen peas
1/2 c teriyaki sauce
2 tbsp chili sauce
1 egg beaten

heat everything together in a pan except the egg (that gets added at the end)


Wednesday is breakfast for dinner, so we will have waffles. This time, I will make the Big Man happy and NOT use apple sauce.














Thursday is Cinco de Mayo, so we are having quinoa burritos with rice.



1  c quinoa, cooked
1 can black bean soup
1/2 c mexican cheese
1 can enchilada sauce
4 tortillas

preheat oven to 375. mix soup, quinoa & cheese together. put in tortillas, roll up and put into a baking dish. Top with enchilada sauce. Bake 30 minutes.






Friday is first Friday downtown. Its a fun night out, so we will go to http://www.atasteofthebigapple.com/ for dinner, and http://www.ohmycupcakes.com/ for dessert. I'm drooling already.

Saturday I run in my 5k, and then I have a graduation party to attend, plus going geocaching with my son. I'm thinking hot dogs, fried potatoes, and some other yummies.

No comments: