Monday, May 09, 2011

May 8, 2011 Recipe of the Day: French Dips and Cupcakes

I love French dips. They have to be one of my favorite sandwiches and it is so EASY!
rump roast
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 box vegetable broth (I use Pacific Northwest)
additional water to cover

Put the rump roast in crock pot. Add soup mix, broth and water. Cook on low for 10 hours.
Remove roast, let stand for 5 minutes before shredding. Take gravy and transfer 2 c to a sauce pan. Add 1 tbsp flour, whisking constantly to make gravy. Put meat on rolls, serve with gravy for dipping.

I usually serve roasted potatoes and corn on the cob with it. Finished off my mother's day meal with chocolate blush cupcakes.
I took a box of yellow cake mix and added pink & blue food coloring to it to make them a pinkish blush color, and frosted with chocolate frosting.

No comments: