Friday, May 20, 2011

Pretty In Pink

I came of age in the 80's. I lived my life through John Hughes' films. There was a holy trinity of Hughes films: Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. Molly Ringwald was his muse, and girls everywhere could not only relate to her but wanted to be her, myself included.

Every Thursday at my work is Think Pink Thursday, where one wears pink in order to support breast health. I have a great pink turtleneck that gets a lot of wear throughout the winter, but we are currently in a tempermental Dakota spring, so I have to figure out something to wear that will "work". Unlike Wednesdays, I usually don't have a lot going on most Thursdays. Yesterday I had a graduation open house, which was quite lovely. It was at Tuthill Park here in town, and my, what a beautiful venue!
Photo courtesy of Sioux Falls Visitors Bureau

I think that is where I want to do our Christmas photos.
Yes, its that gorgeous.

Speaking of gorgeous, I have a new Twitter follower: @lovemaegan. You need to check out her blog http://www.lovemaegan.com/. She has a lot of great stuff to read and learn. Plus her tutorials are great! I can't wait for my hair to get longer to try some of the hair styles.

Since Thursday was Think Pink, and I had stuff to do after work, I needed function AND comfort, so this is the outfit I went with:



Its a pink tee
Old Navy


A periwinkle blue pencil skirt
NY & CO, circa 2006


Hurache sandals


I've had these forever. I think I bought them either at Freehold Raceway Mall or Garden State Plaza at one of those independent shoe stores. Photo courtesy of Google Images


An awesome scarf
Another piece I've had forever, photo courtesy Google images

Some pretty rocking jewelery.
Love these hoops! They were a steal at Target-$5 for a 3 pack!


And a great Liz Claiborne purse I thrifted.
I found this at Savers for $3.99! Photo courtesy of thekloset.com
Putting it all together into this:


I buy my tee shirts at Old Navy (http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=55405), and have for about 12 years now. The quality is pretty good, they are fairly reasonable priced and there are a variety of styles. I usually have a few scoop necks, a few v necks and a few crew necks in a variety of colors. My basic summer tee wardrobe is
  • black
  • yellow
  • white
  • pink
  • blue
  • red
You can't go wrong with that. And they can go forward into fall, which is when they get retired to make tote bags because I have worn them so much!

No comments: