Saturday, June 04, 2011

Flower Song




At my old church, they had a flower guild.

Our purpose was to arrange the flowers






 that adorned the various altars,


chapels



 and sacred spaces throughout the massive church.


The congregation is the largest Episcopal church in NJ, and one of the largest in the country.


I was honored that I could use my talents to arrange flowers for the glory of God. I learned so much about flower arranging, and had been told on numerous occassions that I had a great eye for design.


 I also had been chosen on several occassions to do the flowers for events the church held at the University Chapel at Princeton University. The chapel is a magnificent space, large in scope so the florals needed to match. It was a huge honor and I hope that I lived up to it.




I am not one to brag, but it was a great time in my life. I was able to combine my passion for the sacred and God, with a love of crafts and beauty.



No comments: