Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday Monday

I am now just over 6 months post surgery, and I am finally starting to get back to feeling like me again. I don't have as many twinges of pain as I did. My energy level is coming back. The hormones are starting to regulate, although I do still have my days. I alternate between angry and very, very sad. I am still struggling with the post surgical body image...my scar is long, and I have no muscle tone in my stomach.
Things are progressing nicely, but I need to get me back.
me, and the little man 2007

I don't have the quick answer, and I am pretty sure its going to require a lot of hard work and determination. I did run a 5k last month, but since then, I've stopped training to be perfectly honest.


from google images
When I hit the 6 month mark last week, I actually feel like I hit a wall. I came out of the surgery enthusiastic to work out, and then smack! I was more highly motivated a few months ago than I am today.
pilates class-perfect for that tummy bulge
picture from google images

So, I need to regain my motivation. I need to get back on track and get my body back. Its bathing suit season, I am spending a lot of time at the pool with the little man.
lazy river at drake springs
I won't say that I am embarrassed by how I look, I just know it can be better.

http://www.shabbyapple.com/

I don't have an easy answer on it either.

aren't these bathing suits divine?
http://www.shabbyapple.com/


I do know that I am not feeling super comfortable in clothes right now


I love these clothes!
http://www.shabbyapple.com/



and I am not really feeling the love back.

hole in one, mini golf at thunder road
pre-surgery August 2010
I am feeling LARGE.

from google images
Add to it, I am growing my hair out,



I loved my hair like this! 2006 style, not the most flattering pose, but oh well!



camp kaleidoscope 2009

so I am at that awkward stage, where its not quite long,



the long hair style I want
 but not quite short either.


the hair style I've been wearing since, oh 1995

Its there. And its frustrating, because I can't quite do what I want with my hair-


have you checked out http://www.whippycake.com/


like a great updo


from google images

 or a messy braid.

another awesome site! http://www.lovemaegan.com/
great tutorials & super fashion


Its Monday, the dawn of a new week. I am going to try my hardest to get back on track and get back to business.

my love hate relationship, the elliptical


Time to hit the elliptical.

No comments: