Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Love A Parade

Every community has their own celebrations. In Utah, its Pioneer Day.


 Its basically a state holiday and there are a lot of tater tots and jello dishes being served. I laugh because it is such a part of my time growing up. I even learned to make green jello salad,


 not that I would ever admit to it in hipster circles.
The parade would go through downtown Salt Lake City.

There would be floats.

People dressed as pioneers.

There would be royalty too.

And of course, green jello. It is the Utah state dish after all.




1 lrg box Green Jello or Lime Jello




1 lrg can Fruit Cocktail



1 lrg container Cottage Cheese



1-2 Bananas



1 lrg container Cool Whip



Drain the fruit cocktail juice, and then just mix everything together. You can add pineapple, carrots, oranges, what ever.
Don't say you weren't warned!






3 comments:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Parades are so much fun. We miss them out here in California. Every town and even neighborhoods used to have them, but they are few and far between these days. Thank you for linking your recipe to Joy of Desserts. Please remember to link back to all your hostesses. :-)

Anonymous said...

I just did a major cleaning ou of the kitchen cupboards. I think I have a lifetime supply of Jello products. Can I send them to Utah?

Melynda@Scratch Made Food! said...

Everyone has a recipe like this that the family loves! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth n Soul hop.