Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Winter Wonderland

One final recycled Christmas project before I put the holidays to rest until November. I love making chocolate candies and am always looking for a creative container for them.
When I was about my son's age, my mother had a small cottage industry selling chocolate candies. In fact, on many occasions my aunt and I were caught eating various orders (it's so good!)brown (as in milk chocolate) handed!!
My mother taught me to make candies as well. I, in fact, gave them away as favors at my wedding.
They are really easy to make, too. All you need are candy melts, a microwave and a mold.
Microwave the chocolate until melted, pour into the mold and refrigerate until done.
I am always on the lookout for great gifting ideas when I saw the cute little canisters on Pinterest.
You need:
Crystal lite containers
Scrapbook paper
Embellishments
Glue
General craft supplies

Glue paper to canister. Let dry. Decorate. Fill with candies. Give.

No comments: