Thursday, May 23, 2013

Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree

It was the last day of school for my little guy earlier in the week. In addition to finishing 4th grade, its also the last day in his school. Our district is opening a new elementary in the fall, which is where he will be going. It’s bittersweet, because he’s been going to this school since pre-school, so there are a lot of memories. On the other hand, we are all excited about the new school and new possibilities.
On the last day, not much gets done, so his class will be watching movies. As a special treat for it-and since he’s had such a ball in 4th grade, I made popcorn balls this morning. It was super easy and super fast!

I made my brown bag microwave popcorn in three separate batches.

After that I micro waved 2 cups marshmallows and ½ c butter. I stirred it well and mixed in a box of Jell-O (I used strawberry with colored marshmallows, since that’s what was in the pantry). You mix the ooey gooey mixture with the popcorn and shape into balls.

Seriously, it took 15 minutes from start to finish.

3 cups popcorn
2 cups marshmallows
½ c butter
1 box Jell-O

Microwave marshmallows and butter. Stir in Jell-O. Mix with popcorn. Form into balls.



No comments: