Saturday, January 11, 2014

River Flows in You

I love spa days. They are incredibly indulgent, wonderful events that pamper me like a princess. Spa days, however, can be quite expensive. In the post holiday season, a $300 or so day out just isn't practical.
But...you can recreate the experience at home.



I start with fresh juice. I combine an orange, a knob of ginger, a beet, celery and a few carrots in the juicer. I make sure I have some fresh fruit to nibble on too.

To drink, I love having San Pellegrino water. To add to the allure, I'll drink it out of one of the wine glasses we got as a wedding present eons ago. 



I'll run a warm bath, and add my magic bath salts to it. They are super easy to make, too.



1 c Epsom salt
1/2 c baking soda
1/4 c sea salt (I use Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink)
10-12 drops of essential oil 

Mix together & store in an air tight jar. Add 1/3 c to your bath.

I love soaking in there for a long time. I'll play some soft jazz or classical, sip on my water, light some candles and let the stress melt away.

After I dry off, I moisturize using (get this) coconut oil. Yes, the same oil I cook with. My skin has never been so soft despite using super expensive products. 

My spa bath is the perfect antidote to stress, and helps me to indulge in a little bit of luxury without breaking the bank.

No comments: