Monday, April 21, 2014

Cucumber Mojito juice

There are 2 definite camps in regards to juicing: either you love it or you hate it. I am in the love it group. For me, it replaces soda-sometimes I even add it to carbonated water for that kick. Most mornings I make fresh juice in my juicer. It's a great addition to the breakfast table, and it encourages me to try vegetables that I don't normally eat, like beets. 


After I do my weekend grocery shopping, I peel my veggies for juice. I keep them in a container in the fridge so it's easy to get my morning going. If I know the next day is going to be crazy, I will make my juice the night before. My juices all have a basic formula:
Ginger
Lime or lemon
Celery
Pear or apple
Kale or spinach 
Carrots

After that, I go a little crazy. So,stones it's beets, sometimes it's cucumbers. Many times it's both.

This morning, I wanted something a little more jazzy. I tried cucumber Mojito juice.


My basic juice recipe (I used pear, lime & kale)
1 cucumber
Handful of fresh mint

I ran everything through the juicer. 


Then drink up buttercup.

No comments: