Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Clicker

HLast year, a friend of mine told me about a you tube video I had to watch. It was from Hilary Weeks, who is best known as a Mormon singer. I said I wasn't interested, but she was insistent. I had to watch this video.


So I did.

It was profound.

The concept behind the clicker is pretty simple. You click it whenever you have a happy thought. It's a little awkward at first. 

I didn't realize how much stinking thinking I really was doing. I thought I had happy, positive thoughts. And I do, but not as much as the negative ones. One the basic precepts of manifesting is to think positive, and to always phrase your intentions in a positive light. You attract what you think, so if you have a negative mindset, you are going to attract negativity.


As I began to click I did notice a subtle shift. The little things weren't getting to me as much. I smiled more. I was more patient. I began to look for the bright side. 
I had returned to my natural state.

I had always been a positive person, and always looked on the bright side of life. I have been called Pollyanna, because I tried to see the good in everything and everyone. It worked for me for most of my life, but then I had a run for the last 5 or so years that have challenged me on so many levels. I lost some of my positivity and felt my light get dim. The unfortunate part is, once you open the door to negativity (you know, if you give the devil a foothold) it just multiplies. 

Being happy is hard work. It's so easy to complain. It's easy to be rude, mean, nasty, etc. being happy takes a conscious effort each and every day.

Clicking is a physical reminder that I am choosing joy over negativity. 

No comments: