Monday, April 21, 2014

Protein pancakes

I have never been much of a breakfast eater. Growing up I never really ate breakfast. My grandmother & aunt were always weight conscious, so they "saved" calories by skipping it. I learned to do it too, which continued into adulthood.


It's only been in the last few years, as I've begun to heal from the inside out, that I'm eating breakfast and enjoying it. Most mornings I have oatmeal, because it's quick & easy as well as portable.

Some days, I just need more.


A lot of healthy eating websites have protein pancakes and there are some great variations.

Mine is super easy and super yummy.

You need:
Egg replacer
1 banana
1/4 c oatmeal
1 heaping tablespoon peanut or nut butter
1/4 c almond milk
1/2 c frozen fruit
Coconut oil to cook

Make your egg replacer:
1 tbsp flax seeds mixed with water. Let sit for 15 minutes. I actually keep some on hand in the fridge.

I buy my oatmeal in bulk at the Co-Op or Pomegranate. 

I purée all the ingredients in the blender. 


Melt coconut oil. Pour batter in pan & cook.


Make sure you flip & cook both sides!







No comments: